[meteorite-list] Meteorites Expeditions

From: Rafael B. Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:43 2004

Thanks a lot Michael, its seems that searching with small grid areas work
good for locating meteorites. I will definetely do that, what Im plannig is
If I find one meteorite I will search for more in that area, I will bring my
digital so I can take pics in situ of any find...also Im planning to use
markers for a find, like taking red sticks and put them in a meteorite find
in order to locate the find later on, of course taking a picture of it. But
I have just one question: How do u use the meteorite cane?...

I have a big magnet from a floppy disk, small in size, but man its powerful.
Do I use it to sweep the area with it? or just when a rock looks
different?...I have that big magnet attached to a cane, plus smaller magnets
for checking rocks. How does a meteorite cane works the best?

PS-Thanks a lot of to all of those who answered.

            =0)
Rafael B. Torres
Space Collection 2001
http://www.geocities.com/rafael_blando