[meteorite-list] Automatic Desiccator Cabinets

From: Joseph Murakami <murakamij004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:45 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorite-list-admin_at_meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-admin_at_meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of Bill
Mason
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 1:11 AM
To: Yellowengine_at_aol.com; meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
Subject: RE: [meteorite-list] Automatic Desiccator Cabinets

Dear Ryan,
        A suggestion you might consider. Don't spend the money on a
cabinet. Use your existing display cabinet and place an Emitter in a
non-ventilated housing. Depending on cubic foot area of your cabinet
there is an Emitter to fit your need. Send for our catalog. Military
approved NSN#6850-01-406-2060 and NSA#6850-01-408-9025, FDA, USDA
approved

        Bill Mason
Okay,...here's another question. How do emitters work?? Do they also
lay down a film on glass surfaces in display cabinets?

Also, I've heard that new auto rust-proofing includes a charge gizmo
which electrifies the frame so that rusting doesn't start. How does
that work?...and do folks on the list feel there might be application
for some of our larger irons??

Joseph
Honolulu