[meteorite-list] Dealer Refunds - A Synopsis

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:44 2004

List,
This thread has made a couple of things very evident to me. First...
most folks on this list pretty much agreed that the person asking for the
refund was unreasonable and a refund should not be given. Second, is that
anyone that claims to be a dealer should be aware that the price
fluctuations of newly offered meteorites can change, sometimes quickly.

Yesterday, I had a meteorite sale and I'd like to thank all the List
members that ordered specimens from me. Over the course of six hours, I
replied to over 100 emails requesting more information, pictures
etc. Everything went very smooth with one exception. One
"dealer/collector" sent an email and asked if one particular specimen was
still available. I replied that it was . Second email asked if I would wait
until July for payment and was I interested in any trades? In the mean
time, someone else had emailed me and stated that they wanted to buy the
meteorite in question along with several others. It was a done deal with a
Paypal payment in 5 minutes. When I informed the original
"dealer/collector" that the specimen was no longer available, he went on a
tirade about the unjust way that he was being treated....blah blah blah
blah blah! The ranting and raving went on for three emails.

Like Gregory said, 98.8% of the people are easy to deal with and they
understand and accept daily problems and disappointments in stride.

Could this be Steve's unhappy buyer? Rob's short payer?

Best,

John