[meteorite-list] Expensive?

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:43 2004

Hello

I not have buy only on ebay Tenham, I have buy my 45
gr. slice for $2.1/gr. and if you see who have tenham
for the price of 6-10/gr. not sale why now the people
have the right price of this meteorite is $1.2-2/gr. -
thanks to the all put rare or historical meteorites on
ebay for ruined prices - after is not only the low
prices for some meteorites, other is many esagerated
type request $3000/gr. for a slice of Renazzo when
time ago I have find a 10 gr. slice for $5000,
unfortunately I not have $5000, but if I trade from a
museum the value is $300/gr. not 3000 - over a 1 gr.
of Orgueil - Park Forest if I want I find pieces take
the first days for this price, but is over the 50 gr.
and is not for me.....the price guide is to change
all, who have the old prices not sale many, I see my
historical pieces, the just price but no go sale...
Regards

Matteo

--- MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_msn.com> wrote:
> Hello Matteo and list,
>
> You wrote: Tenham, $6-10/gr. now I have buy for
> $1.2/gr.
>
> I would say Tenham still is worth $6-10/g. Just
> because you bought the Tenham one time from an
> auction started low for $1.2/g does not mean that is
> it's price. Show me some Tenham anywhere for
> $1.20/g.
>
> One can buy a few pieces of Park Forest right now
> for $15-16/g but I do not see it remaining at that
> price. I think there has only been about 3 kilos
> released onto the collectors market. It will be
> interesting to see if the newly found big one will
> get cut up or not. Try to find any Park Forest
> picked up the first or second day for under $20/g.
> or even $30/g for that matter.
>
> Zagami was $1000-$2000/g...and sometimes even
> more....when it was one of the only martians
> available on the market. We saw an eBay auction
> last year were Zagami went for like $120/g. Do you
> think anyone would sell you any for that price?
>
> So what I am saying is, I don't see a meteorite have
> a "retail" price until it's been out for a
> while...long enough to establish one. And one
> auction does not set the market value either. I once
> purchased a 2kg sikhote on eBay for $110.00. Anyone
> want to sell me some for $.06 a gram?
>
> Mark

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com