[meteorite-list] Expensive?

From: Walter Branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:42 2004

Hi Ryan and List,

>The most expensive meteorite that I can think of is
>NWA482, which usually fetches between $4000 and
>$5000/gm...I believe this could be one of the most, if not
>the most expensive natural materials here on earth.

Not anymore! How about 1900/gram::

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2180852233&category=3239&rd=1

As a special to list members and because I have a strong belief in
education, any list member who wins this slice will also receive free, new
copies of the following books:

Meteorites by Alex Bevan and John de Laeter (2002)
Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites by O. Richard Norton (2002)
and...
Meteorites and Their Parent Planets by Harry McSween, Jr. (revised, 1999).

Best wishes,

-Walter

www.branchmeteorites.com