[meteorite-list] Officials Warn Of Fake Meteorites Being Sold

From: Dave Andrews <dandre10_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:42 2004

I believe I know the business and individual(s) that are selling these.
 I was a approached with a bucket full of rocks a year or so ago by this
person who was in cahoots with a local trading post here in town. I
told him that they were NOT meteorites but he insisted that ASU had
authenticated them. I told him there is NO way that happened. Anyway,
he said he was going to start selling them on eBay and replied that I or
others better not catch him doing it because there would be a lot of
trouble in store for him in such a fraudulant scheme. I had run into
the fellow a couple of times since, but there was no further mention of
his "meteorites".

My side of the story in case someone associated me with the story below.

Best,
Dave