[meteorite-list] NP Article, 07-1896 Meteorite Kills Children, Brings Rain

From: Philip R. Burns <pib_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:40 2004

At 09:24 PM 6/17/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Is there other evidence that two boys were killed in 1896 by a
>meteorite? I was under the impression that there were no reported cases
>of people being killed by meteorites.

There are historical accounts of meteorites killing people. Some are
probably more credible thatn others. John Lewis in his book _Rain of Iron
and Ice_ suggests it would be better to say "No one in recorded history has
ever been killed by a meteorite in the presence of a meteorite scientist
and a medical doctor" :-}.

-- Philip R. "Pib" Burns
    pib_at_pibburns.com
    http://www.pibburns.com/