[meteorite-list] CDC's Calming Voice Gets The Word Out On SARS

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:37 2004

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2003-06-11-gerberding-usat_x.htm

CDC's calming voice gets the word out
By Anita Manning
USA TODAY
June 12, 2003

At a recent press briefing on
SARS, Julie Gerberding was asked if it could be possible that the
mysterious new virus had fallen to Earth from outer space.

She laughed, but she answered the question with her usual
professional poise.

"We have no scientific evidence that SARS or any other
infectious disease has dropped off a meteor at this point in time,"
she said, adding, "but we have an open mind and should we
discover any evidence supportive of that, we would let you
know."

[snip]