[meteorite-list] NWA 869 ad

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:36 2004

Hi all,
        If anyone is still without a terrific stash of this material, I can
offer a 10 kg lot for a total of $1,500 + shipping. (Mixed sizes, good
fusion crust, etc. - typical lot of NWA 869). That is cheaper
than directly from Dean - of course, if you want more than 10kg,
Dean is the man from which to get it.
        Best wishes, Michael
       =20

on 6/11/03 5:42 AM, bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de at bernd.pauli@paulinet.de
wrote:

> Mark wrote about NWA 869:
>=20
>> It is one of the nicest meteorites that has came out of Africa.
>=20
> I definitely concur with Mark's statement. That's why I took the time
> to thoroughly sort through dozens of Dean's offers some time ago
> when only a few people were interested in cut NWA 869 specimens and,
> to quote the Hup=E9s' jargon, handpicked (I had better say "eyepicked")
> five extraordinary, cut specimens that showed stunning brecciation or
> to avoid this word, showed stunning clasts. One of these NWA 869's
> has areas where chondrule aggregates are so crowded that you feel
> like looking at Moorabi (L3.6), at Barratta (L3.8) or at Parnallee (LL3.6=
).
> Another has gray, featureless, fine-grained areas that seem to be
> "achondritic" as they are absolutely devoid of any chondrules (cp. some
> areas in the NWA 900's that Matteo offered - see also CEM, p. 144).
>=20
> Anyway, a beautiful meteorite that should be in your collections!
>=20
> Bernd
>=20
>=20

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't
always agree with them.
    George Bush
--
Worth Seeing: