[meteorite-list] eBay Anonymous

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:10 2004

Hi All,

--- Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_cox.net> wrote:
> Steve,
> Did I read that correctly? You bought something on EBAY???

Shame on you, Michael, for egging Steve on... ;-) But the result
was illuminating, as Steve replies:

"With regrets, yes. I got caught up in the 'Ebay aution hype-fever'
and think I paid much more for this than what I ought to have spent.

"But there was no other choice. That is the way Arnold
wanted to sell it, via Ebay, and it was at that time
the only Chassigny thin slice available, and I don't
think that there have been any since.

"I 'won' it by putting in a very high price at the very
last seconds of the auction.

"And the 'auction hype-fever' that I got involved in (my fault
and failing) is one of the many reasons I hate Ebay."

I think what Steve is saying (and he can correct me if I'm
wrong) is that he recognizes eBay as a potential "substance
abuse problem" for him, and he chooses to JUST SAY NO. Some
people are addicted to cigarettes or alcohol or gambling;
with a nod and a wink to a prior U.S. President, Steve
"tried" eBay once or twice, he ~did~ inhale, and he didn't
like what it did to him.

Cheers and chuckles,
Rob