[meteorite-list] eBay Sellers list, eBay name change

From: FERNLEA4_at_aol.com <FERNLEA4_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:00 2004

--part1_1cd.d4e4476.2c3c4be0_boundary

In a message dated 08/07/03 17:09:51 GMT Daylight Time, jkg_at_theriver.com
writes:

> About six months ago, I was getting as much spam as I was getting mail from
>
> this list. I changed my ISP and started off with a different email address
> and had remarkable results. For the first three months, I got almost no
> spam. Then the numbers started increasing. Maybe the solution is to
> change your email address a couple of times a year.

Hi John and all.
A few weeks ago, I was looking over my 16 year old son's shoulder while he
was online, and noticed that he was deleting several spam emails from his
mailbox......some of which had some pretty ominous sounding subject lines!! Not
wanting him to be exposed to this kind of stuff, I insisted that I closed his AOL
email address and opened up a new one for him. He wasn't particularly
impressed by this idea, but I had the last word on the matter ;-)
His new AOL email address took only a few moments to set up and everything
seemed fine. Unfortunately, when he went online with his new email address the
very next morning, the spammers had already left him a couple of emails.
Given that his new email address had only existed for a matter of 12 hours or
so and that he hadn't sent any emails yet, it looks as though the spammers
are always one step ahead of us!

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob Elliott
www.meteorites.uk.com
Fernlea Meteorites,
The Wynd,
Off Dickson Lane,
Milton of Balgonie,
Fife. KY7 6PY
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991
Mobile: 07909-773929
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com

--part1_1cd.d4e4476.2c3c4be0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 08/07/03 17:09:51 GMT Daylight Time=
, jkg_at_theriver.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">About six months ago, I was get=
ting as much spam as I was getting mail from <BR>
this list.&nbsp; I changed my ISP and started off with a different email add=
ress <BR>
and had remarkable results.&nbsp; For the first three months, I got almost n=
o <BR>
spam.&nbsp; Then the numbers started increasing.&nbsp; Maybe the solution is=
 to <BR>
change your email address a couple of times a year.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Hi John and all.<BR>
A few weeks ago, I was looking over my 16 year old son's shoulder while he w=
as online, and noticed that he was deleting several spam emails from his mai=
lbox......some of which had some pretty ominous sounding subject lines!! Not=
 wanting him to be exposed to this kind of stuff, I insisted that I closed h=
is AOL email address and opened up a new one for him. He wasn't particularly=
 impressed by this idea, but I had the last word on the matter ;-)<BR>
His new AOL email address took only a few moments to set up and everything s=
eemed fine. Unfortunately, when he went online with his new email address th=
e very next morning, the spammers had already left him a couple of emails.<B=

Given that his new email address had only existed for a matter of 12 hours o=
r so and that he hadn't sent any emails yet, it looks as though the spammers=
 are always one step ahead of us!<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
Rob.<BR>
<BR>
Rob Elliott<BR>
www.meteorites.uk.com<BR>
Fernlea Meteorites,<BR>
The Wynd,<BR>
Off Dickson Lane,<BR>
Milton of Balgonie,<BR>
Fife. KY7 6PY<BR>
United Kingdom<BR>
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563<BR>
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991<BR>
Mobile: 07909-773929<BR>
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1cd.d4e4476.2c3c4be0_boundary--