[meteorite-list] RSVP re analytical services costs

From: GT40dawg_at_aol.com <GT40dawg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:20:59 2004

--part1_10c.269bbc87.2c39a269_boundary

To all:

       I have certainly inadvertantly started a debate which has many
questions! I am currently in the process of contacting the Met Society to see if my
nomenclature works.
       If the mere presence of bronzite pyroxene equates to an H-type, and
hypersthene pyroxene equates to an L-type, then yes, I can certainly
differentiate between the two using electron microprobe. Classifying metamorphic grade,
however, cannot be solved using this method.

       Even if you have a meteorite that is well classified, I can provide
analyses of individual mineral phases for purely academic reasons (i.e. you want
to publish on the meteorite, and want specific analyses of other phases such
as olivine, oxides, feldspars, carbonates, phosphates, etc...)

       I will post again as soon as I receive some input from the Met Soc.
Thanks to all whom have responded.

Randy in N.O.

--part1_10c.269bbc87.2c39a269_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">To all:<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have certainly inadvertantly started=20=
a debate which has many questions!&nbsp;&nbsp; I am currently in the process=
 of contacting the Met Society to see if my nomenclature works.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If the mere presence of bronzite pyroxe=
ne equates to an H-type, and hypersthene pyroxene equates to an L-type, then=
 yes, I can certainly differentiate between the two using electron microprob=
e.&nbsp; Classifying metamorphic grade, however, cannot be solved using this=
 method.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Even if you have a meteorite that is we=
ll classified, I can provide analyses of individual mineral phases for purel=
y academic reasons (i.e. you want to publish on the meteorite, and want spec=
ific analyses of other phases such as olivine, oxides, feldspars, carbonates=
, phosphates, etc...)<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I will post again as soon as I receive=20=
some input from the Met Soc.&nbsp; Thanks to all whom have responded.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Randy in N.O.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
 </FONT></HTML>

--part1_10c.269bbc87.2c39a269_boundary--