[meteorite-list] NWA 753

From: John Divelbiss <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:26 2004

Tom,

First off, many of R pieces from the desert are oxidized a bit.

According to "Rocks from Space", these meteorites have very little free
metal "floating around" in the makeup. Like normal chondrites with nickel
iron. The metal is in the sulfide forms of pyrrhotite and pentlandite. The
iron level in the olivine is the highest among chondrites.

All that gives this type of meteorite a higher rate/chance of oxidation than
others.

Hope this helps,

John