[meteorite-list] Tucson 2003 Show Report

From: Jason Phillips <jnbran_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:26 2004

Hello List and Mark,
I will chime in and report that the experience of Tucson, from a first
timers perspective, was wonderful. The auctions and birthday party were a
great chance to meet many wonderful people and see some of the those
wonderful out of this world meteorite specimens. I will take this chance to
put in a plug for John Gwilliam and Bob Holmes' (two outstanding guys) video
which displays the meteorite part of the Tucson show from many different
perspectives (rookie to seasoned veteran). The way I understand it this
video will be available to the meteorite collecting community in the next
few weeks. So those who did not get a chance to attend can get an inside
look at many of the highlights of the show and see what everyone looks like
(most look different than you would expect, especially Mike Martinez he had
ripples growing out of his head and long black hair). Maybe he was an extra
on Star Trek, or something. Sorry Mike. Needless to say it was a wonderful
experience and that was mostly in part to the great meteorite collecting
community there is.

Thank you everyone,
Jason Phillips
Rocks From Heaven