[meteorite-list] New California meteorite

From: Greg Redfern <gredfern_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:25 2004

Bob,

  Congratulations on a very beautiful find. Another aspect you might want to
look at is selling slices (count me in for one!!!!) of the yet to be named
find and then donating the proceeds to the fund that I am sure will be set
up by NASA to help the families.

  I would suggest that you either email or tele/con NASAHQ Public Affairs
with your suggestion and see what they think of it.

  I think the Nomenclature Committee would probably go for the Mojave
STS-107 rather than the Columbia 7 only because it would be very much in
keeping with current naming guidelines. Regardless, those of us on this List
will always know it by the pedigree you have given it.

All the best,
Greg Redfern
2003 NASA Solar System Ambassador
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/ambassador/