[meteorite-list] Space Shuttle "Columbia" Explosion...

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:24 2004

Feb. 1, 2003

Dear Meteorite Enthusiasts,

I just listened to the news right after the post
from Mr. John Gwilliam. This is just terrible!!!!!!
Why must we keep sending people up there? Space
travel, no matter how breathtaking and awesome, is
still too hazardous and not well thought out yet.
People's lives in space are at stake every minute, and
there is still no good way for them to escape to earth
when a fateful problem arises!

It is at all comprehensible that a tiny meteoroid sent
the shuttle to earth as a fireball?

Sincerely,

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA