[meteorite-list] AD/Sale: 1 x 1 inch boxes and ebay sale

From: Walter Branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:47 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0060_01C3C21C.65EB5420

Hello Everyone,

First, to address Christian's concerns.

BEGIN LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
These are just my opinions and mine alone. I do not have any malicious =
or libelous intentions toward anyone and I am perfectly happy with the =
knowledge that others do not agree with me. Live and let live, I'm =
okay, you're okay, one size fits all, objects in mirror are closer than =
they appear, do not bend, fold or mutilate, don't eat yellow snow, dry =
clean only yada, yada, etc..., etc...
END LEGAL DISCLAIMER

I won't join the yahoo group to post ebay announcements because of two =
reasons. It is my understanding, and I could be wrong about this, that =
one has to be an IMCA member in order to post (or at least IMCA =
membership is preferred), and, for reasons which I will not elaborate, I =
have no intention of joining the IMCA.

Second, the idea of a whole list devoted to ebay auctions sounds awfully =
silly to me. I know how to get to ebay and how to check for meteorite =
auctions and I know how to bid and sell on ebay. Everyone else who is =
reading these words knows how to do these tasks as well and I really =
don't see the need for a separate list devoted to things which I and =
others already know how to do.=20

And, well, I guess there is a third reason. Given that some list =
members seem to enjoy participating in mud-slinging, libelous posts, =
threats and accusations, childish behavior and general intolerance of =
personality/cultural differences among others, I have no problem with =
comparatively innocuous and at least in some way meteorite-related ebay =

Besides, apparently Art doesn't mind either.=20

Now...

I recently got in a bunch of those 1 x 1 inch boxes that some of us use =
to house micromounts, the ones with the foam pads. I normally sell them =
for .50 each but for list members they are .35 each, any quantity, plus =
a small shipping charge.

Also, beginning tomorrow evening EST and lasting for several days, I =
will be selling some meteorites and supplies on ebay. I really don't =
know what some of what I have is worth, so I will start all auctions at =
.01 and let the free market decide. These include a huge 619 gram =
individual of NWA 869, a 383 gram Odessa, a slice of Valera (the cow =
killer from Argentina), a crusted Pultusk endpiece, display/storage =
cases, a lot consisting of 5 meteorite books and 5 meteorites, and a =
huge collection of maybe 40 or so specimens, complete with storage box =
and cases. Maybe even some cutting and polishing equipment (have not =
decided on that yet). Some auctions are underway already and some won't =
start until later but they are all only 3 day auctions.

This will be the only email concerning this sale :-)

Thanks and bis spater,

-Walter
www.branchmeteorites.com
Walter Branch, Ph.D.
Branch Meteorites
PO Box 60492
Savannah, GA 31420

------=_NextPart_000_0060_01C3C21C.65EB5420

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello Everyone,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>First, to address Christian's=20
concerns.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>BEGIN LEGAL DISCLAIMER:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>These are just my opinions and mine =
alone.&nbsp; I=20
do not have any malicious or libelous intentions toward anyone and I am=20
perfectly happy with the knowledge that others do not agree with =
me.&nbsp; Live=20
and let live, I'm okay, you're okay, one size fits&nbsp;all, objects in =
mirror=20
are closer than they appear, do not bend, fold or mutilate, don't eat =
yellow=20
snow, dry clean only yada, yada,&nbsp; etc..., etc...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>END LEGAL DISCLAIMER</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I won't join the yahoo group to post =
ebay=20
announcements because of two reasons.&nbsp; It is my understanding, and =
I could=20
be wrong about this,&nbsp;that one has to be an IMCA member in order to =
post (or=20
at least IMCA membership is preferred), and, for reasons which I will =
not=20
elaborate,&nbsp;I have no intention of joining the IMCA.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Second,&nbsp;the idea of a whole list =
devoted to=20
ebay auctions sounds awfully silly to me.&nbsp; I know how to get to =
ebay and=20
how to check for meteorite auctions and I know how to bid and sell on=20
ebay.&nbsp; Everyone else who&nbsp;is reading these words&nbsp;knows how =
to do=20
these tasks as well and&nbsp;I really don't see the need for a separate =
list=20
devoted to things which I&nbsp;and others already know how to=20
do.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And, well, I guess there is a third =
reason.&nbsp;=20
Given that some&nbsp;list members seem to enjoy participating in =
mud-slinging,=20
libelous posts, threats and accusations, childish behavior and general=20
intolerance of personality/cultural differences among others, =
I&nbsp;have no=20
problem with comparatively innocuous and at least in some way =
meteorite-related=20
ebay ads.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Besides, apparently Art doesn't mind=20
either.</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I recently got in a bunch of those 1 x =
1 inch boxes=20
that some of us use to house micromounts, the ones with the foam =
pads.&nbsp; I=20
normally sell them for .50 each but for list members they are&nbsp;.35 =
each, any=20
quantity, plus a small shipping charge.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, beginning tomorrow evening EST =
and lasting=20
for several days, I will be selling some meteorites and supplies on =
ebay.&nbsp;=20
I really don't know what some of what I have&nbsp;is worth, so I will =
start all=20
auctions at .01 and let the free market decide.&nbsp; These include a =
huge 619=20
gram individual of NWA 869, a 383 gram Odessa, a slice of Valera (the =
cow killer=20
from Argentina), a crusted Pultusk endpiece, display/storage cases, a =
lot=20
consisting of 5 meteorite books and 5 meteorites, and a huge collection =
of maybe=20
40 or so&nbsp;specimens, complete with storage box and cases.&nbsp; =
Maybe even=20
some cutting and polishing equipment (have not decided on that =
yet).&nbsp; Some=20
auctions are underway already and some won't start until later but they =
are all=20
only 3 day auctions.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This will be the only email concerning =
this sale=20
:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks and bis spater,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Walter</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
href=3D"http://www.branchmeteorites.com">www.branchmeteorites.com</A><BR>=
Walter=20
Branch, Ph.D.<BR>Branch Meteorites<BR>PO Box 60492<BR>Savannah, GA&nbsp; =

31420</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0060_01C3C21C.65EB5420--