[meteorite-list] Re: Cutting Meteorites

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

Hi,

    We're talking here about the bodily incorporation of
extra-terrestial material, whether by aspiration or ingestion. On the
other hand, when Kim Stanley Robinson, the author of the Mars Trilogy
(Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars), finished the 12,000 manuscript pages
and sent them to the publisher for the final publication, he sat on the
roof of his house at dawn and ATE A ZAGAMI! Having metaphorically
digested Mars, he thought it appropriate to partially metabolize the
actual planet. (It was a small Zagami and it was powdered.)
    OK, 'fess up! Has anybody on the List taken a tiny nibble of the
MOON?

Sterling K. Webb