[meteorite-list] Fireballs and Electrophonic sounds

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

Hello Mike,
Research on Electrophonic sounds related to fireballs is a work in
progress and the book is still on page one. There are many widely
placed reports and in Mongolia within the past 5-6 years a scientific
expedition was recording audio and captuerd the sound.

Current (no pun intended) theory is that the plasma of the fireball
generates microwaves which travel at the speed of light, are absorbed by
water bearing vegitation, mineralized ground, or large metal
objects--that then resonate in a sonic frequency.

Elton