[meteorite-list] Identity of Proud Tom

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:44 2004

Hi Y'all,
        Charlie, you may have something here. I also heard Proud Tom
is actually Bernd. All that contributing of priceless information got
to be just too much, seeing as how most of us are such jerks, he finally
let go and gave us all a good laugh at ourselves....
        But, others maintain it is not the honorable Bernd at all, but,
instead, of all people, it is Art. Yes, Art, the originator and revered
benefactor of this very list. He got so tired of booting fools from the
list and dealing with all of us that he just let loose with scathing
humor aimed at the most obnoxious of us (he has a BIG article on
Michael Farmer being prepared, even now).
        However, others say it is neither Bernd nor Art, but _________
 who is really PROUD TOM!
        Best wishes, Michael

on 12/8/03 6:35 PM, j.divelbiss_at_att.net at j.divelbiss@att.net wrote:

> Charlie and others,
>
> Maybe Bernd is busy being Proud Tom? Nah, he is far too consumed being a
> school teacher.
>
> Or maybe it is a devilish dealer out to drive Matteo mad, crazy, and loco at
> the same time? Let's see who has not been picked on? Mike Farmer...is it
> you? Nah...you are too busy chasing rocks from space.
>
> Who else could it be??? Yousef...is that you out there? You kidder
> you...Nah, he is too busy finding truck loads of lunar breccias and new
> chondrites.
>
> Who could it be?? This Proud Tom is tricky like a fox but considered a dog to
> many who are upset. He is clever to a lot of us who enjoy good humor, but he
> is a weasel to a few of those who have been satired. His identity feels
> close to many of us...but yet he stays aloof. I like it.
>
> The beat does go on...let's relax and wait for Proud Tom 3.
>
> John
>

>> Dave and list,
>>
>> I miss Bernd. Does anyone know if is still on this list? Has all the
>> negative content of recent months finally driven even him away?
>> Charlie

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the
public and have no self.
    Cyril Connolly
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--