[meteorite-list] A Sign From Above (Sylacauga Meteorite)

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:37 2004

http://www.megastar.co.uk/news/news/2003/12/01/sMEG01MTA3MDI3MTAxODA.html

A sign from above
Mega Star (United Kingdom)
December 1, 2003

A sign from above
November 30, 1954

On November 30, 1954 the first modern day meteorite to strike a person fell to
earth in Alabama USA. This is how Megastar's Deep South correspondent
reported the startling news...

The world will duly end for y'all within the year after a rock-based sign from
the lord almighty struck down the life of a clean livin' lady of Sylacauga,
Alabama.

Well nearabout. She got a whole heap of bruises and she ain't happy.

Mrs Elizabeth Hodges was just fixin' to listen to that evening's radio
broadcast of Billy-Bob Evangel's prayers for the terrible dead, when the
flamin' rock from hell came a-crashin' through her ceiling.

Before Miss Hodges had the horse sense to run from her dog-gone
living room, lickety-split the fiery brick of sin - or meteorite as
them blasphemous scientists are calling it - bounced off of her radio
set and knocked her clean on her purdy hip.

"I thought it was some kinda varmint," wailed Miss Hodges after
the biblical sign. "I ain't no yaller dog, but I was just tore up by it
all. As sure as grits is grits, I'm doomed."

Elizabeth's husband, the county Frog Gigger was laying out that
night at the city limits bar room, but when he returned to see his
house darn tootin' cattywampus, he was quoted as saying: "What
in tarnation!" Before collapsing from the intoxicatin' effects of the
event.

Fiery signs from God are as scarce as hen's teeth round these
parts and this lil' June bug was a whole 8.5 pounds and seven
inches in length.

The state of Alabama is the first place to have someone injured by a
brick of sin, though I hear tell a dog was struck down by the
almighty in one of them there Egyptian places in 1911. All this
marries right with the story of the Chihuahua and the stone of doom
(Dwayne, Chapter 6, Verse 2).

In other words, run for the hills kinfolk, the day of reckoning has
come. Sho' nuff.