[meteorite-list] Never Know

From: LJnewpers_at_aol.com <LJnewpers_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:38 2004

So Anne Black and I were sitting in a Club House enjoying the beautiful songs
sung by a friend of mine. Simultaneously we were examining some iron slices
she will have at the Denver show. Guy at the adjacent table offhandedly
remarked "Yeh, I've got a meteorite piece. Came through the roof of my mother's
house. In Wethersfield, CT." Of course Anne never has one of her books, so it took
a moment to think it through. Indeed, Wethersfield CT, the fortunate town to
have two sighted falls, both L 6, and both falling on the 8th day of the month.
The guy has a small slice, the rest is in the Smithsonian. A la Ninninger,
you never know what will come out of an off-hand conversation. Now if only he
had suggested he had no need for that piece?????

Larry Johnson