Fw: [meteorite-list] re: BAZA DESSERT??? (slightly OT)

From: Jose Campos <josecamposcomet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:37 2004

Hi Steve Arnold (Chicago), Marco (Holland) and List:

I can confirm that Portugal has no real desert land.
Marco's description of the SE area of Spain - Almeria - is quite a good one.
The driest land in Portugal is a small strip alongside the western banks of
the Guadiana river, close to the Portugal/Spain border in the south but it
is far from being classed as a desert - maybe a few hundred of years from
now?

José Campos
Portugal