Re-2: [meteorite-list] Matt's SPADE impact melt breccia

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:37 2004

Hi John and List

> thanx for the support. I felt like the lone ranger coming out and
> commenting on Matt's new aquisition. What a beauty it is!

Well, we shouldn't expect everyone to chime in on what we are
saying or what we are enthusiastic about. It is almost impossible
to respond to all those list posts.

> ... the 56g part slice. At $5/g...I just couldn't pass it up.

Nor could I and I am sure some list members will
consider buying some of this unique material.

> I'll give you a brief review if I get the chance.

Give this (brief) review to the list also - this is what the list is meant
to be - not a place of endless bickering and backstabbing but an
exchange of information, attitudes, ideas, and projects.

> I felt bad...for a short time, but I couldn't do it again this time.

We shouldn't feel bad about outbidding someone who is a list
member. Everyone has the chance to place a winning bid. If
you want to restrain from bidding whenever you recognize it
is a list member (and there are some 500 !), you won't ever
get anything on EBay. So bid, bid higher, outbid -- no hard
feelings from this side of the Ocean.

Best regards,

Bernd

To: j.divelbiss_at_att.net