[meteorite-list] Slow to Approve New Members

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:34 2004

Hello Walter, Adam, and List,

     I have just read with interest the recent emails
concerning problems with admissions to the list, and
would like to ask a few questions.

     First, let me say that NO offense WHAT-SO-EVER is
meant toward Art or anyone! I have no knowledge at all
in regard to the myriad intricacies that must
accompany the administration of this list, and I truly
appreciate all the time and work that Art (or anyone
else ?) puts into it.

     I just wanted to ask this of the list: If the
slow admissions to the list is just a result of Art
simply being swamped by too much work, is it even
possible for someone "computer savvy" to assist him,
IF he would be OK with that? Or, is there some other
explanation or technical problem with getting people
admitted that I would not be aware of (or even
understand)?

     Again, I hope no one took offense at this, as
that was never my intention. But just a few days ago,
we on the list were writing about how important it was
for us all to help recruit new members, etc. etc.
Walter's few examples, such as Mike Fowler, seem like
great candidates for admission to the list, and I'm
sure we would all be enriched by their admission to
our ranks.

    I just now saw the post from Dave Andrews. Perhaps
he has "solved" the problem and this post from me will
be moot, BUT just in case it's not, I am sending it
now. Sorry for the waste of bandwidth if it does prove
to have been unnecessary.

    Thanks a lot,

    Robert