[meteorite-list] I must be missing something here...

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:33 2004

Dear Linda,
I must be missing something here in this post. You are telling Ron
Baalke of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab (who posts NASA press releases on
MARS current progress, and a zillion other NASA Press releases each
year, for at least six years to our meteorite central list) that he
doesn't know what he is talking about concerning Zagami, mmm......or
should I say MMM...

My Fifth Edition of Catalogue of Meteorites by Monica M. Grady, British
Museum of Natural History,
 states that OUR Zagami, which fell in 1962, has a Ar-Ar age ~ 242 Ma
(see D. D. Bogard & D.H. Garrison, 1999) listed on page 541 of "Catalogue".
 For Nakhla, which fell in 1911, has a Ar-Ar age, 1300 Ma, F.A. Podosek
& J.C Huneke (1973) listed on page 356 of "Catalogue".

I hate to be a "doubting thomas" here, but is this another case of
drinking too much ebay-soup?
Getting your hands on the "bible" of collected meteorites, the
"Catalogue"...which is available on line somewhere, might be a grand
idea when quoting strands of written cabbage that may be disputable.
Sincerely,
Dave Freeman
(who has his copy of the "Catalogue" on his lap as he types this up!)