[meteorite-list] Getting away from it all on the John Muir trail.

From: Howard Wu <freewu2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:33 2004

--0-1363143918-1060880024=:16868

Hi Jim Stroupe,

Don't know if you left yet but I thought I'd spook your trip by telling you about an "unreported" but well witness bolide see in the Sierras a year ago, Sept 17th? 2002 about 9:00. I was at the Milpond festival night near Bishop friday night when a beautiful boilde heading aproximately NNE was seen by about a thousand people.Lot's of green in the fireball. I saw it break up into a least four major pieces. Unfortunately all witnesses were in the same location, but my guess was that this fell somewhere between Thousand Island Lake and the Hoover wilderness. Keep you eye on the trail.

Howard Wu
Bishop,CA

--0-1363143918-1060880024=:16868

<DIV>Hi Jim Stroupe,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don't know if you left yet but I thought I'd spook your trip by telling you about an "unreported" but well witness bolide see in the Sierras&nbsp;a year&nbsp;ago, Sept 17th? 2002 about 9:00. I was at the Milpond festival night&nbsp;near Bishop friday night when a beautiful boilde heading aproximately NNE was seen by about a thousand people.Lot's&nbsp;of green in the fireball.&nbsp;I saw it break up into a least four major pieces. Unfortunately all witnesses were in the same location, but my guess was that this fell somewhere between Thousand Island Lake and the Hoover wilderness. Keep you eye on the trail.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Howard Wu</DIV>
--0-1363143918-1060880024=:16868--