[meteorite-list] METEORITE Aug 2003-9-3

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:32 2004

Bernd and others,

The latest Meteorite is a real treat as you said. I started reading it last
night and finished it today. To read it last night after spending a couple
days in West Springfield, Massachusetts was a great way to top off the trip.
Meeting up with fellow list members including Dave Marsocci and Al Lang from
the Kenya trip, and Geoff Notkin was very special. Listening to the first
hand stories from these guys for both the Kenya trip, and the events and
experiences of Park Forest was a just awesome for someone like me who
typically exists on a "meteorite collectors island". The colored pictures and
stories of Kenya were especially interesting. I obviously need to get out
more. Geoff Notkin is a real force for all of us collectors, and I thank him
for his efforts. Al is genuine and sincere...and his experiences in our field
are unrivaled in many ways.

This was the weekend for the big East Coast show in Springfield for meteorite
collectors...and much more along the lines of minerals, fossils, artifacts,
jewelry, etc. It is a small show for meteorite collectors when compared to
Tuscon. Geoff Cintron of Island Meteorites and Serg from the Comet Meteorite
Shop were the main players. Both offered excellent choices for potential
buyers. Both were also very tolerant of low dollar spenders like me. Thanx
guys...especially to Geoff for a beautiful piece of Esquell. So thinnnnn!

This was my second trip meeting up with fellow collectors Charlie Devine and
his wife, and Gary Swanson. Charlie is longtime collector with several
interests who has a lot knowledge and experience that I value greatly. Gary
is a great guy who has a real zeal for collecting meteorites. Thanx guys for
the New England hospitality.

Not to leave anyone out, we were also honored to meet up with Stan Szalkowski
of GOLD N ROCKS who is also a fellow list member. Stan...did you get that big
C.D.?

Back to your comments Bernd...the latest issue is special. And I can confirm
these people are real.

Thanx for reading,

John Divelbiss
Reading, PA