[meteorite-list] NEW BLOOD

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:30 2004

I had a moderate amount of success last fall with my "lecture" at a library
on Molokai, so next year I'm going to try something different. Every summer
our library system has a summer reading program, and children who read books
can come in and get small prizes. I'm thinking of putting some small
meteorite samples in the prize kitty, and seeing what the response is. This
is all presently up in the air, since we just wrapped up this year's
program, but I'll propose it to the youth services librarian, and see what
she thinks. If it's a success in my branch, the following year I'll see if
the other libraries in the system would be interested in the idea. Let's
get more kids interested in meteorites and science in general!

Tracy Latimer