[meteorite-list] Thailand Mekong River Meteorites (?)

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:28 2004

Hello, Mike and the list,

havenīt purached these Mekong items, but I have one 700 grams
piece looking exactly same with these, and itīs magnetite. Donīt
know the location itīs from, I purached a bigger lot of Nantans,
and this beauty came with them...;-

I donīt say, some of them may be a real one, but the possibilities
between magnetite or hematite and a genuine meteorite picked from
the river, well, maybe 1000:1...

take care,

pekka