[meteorite-list] Thailand Mekong River Meteorites (?)

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:28 2004

Hello

I have see the same and contact the dealer, he have
answer this pieces is give from a friend for sale on
ebay but he no have idea if is real meteorites - oh my
God, why you write METEORITE on the auction if you not
have a idea is or not is a meteorite???? I have
explained to the person thing does to see if is a
meteorite however seems myself rather reluctant on
this thing. ....
and to my question that if the person that gains this
piece, and does an analysis and discovers that is not
a meteorite, and therefore a fake one, he answered so:

I will refund money if they no happy.
My friend was told they meteorite and he believes it
and so do I, so it's
not fraud.
We don't claim to be experts. If you sold it as a
meteorite, then that's
fraud because you know they are not.

Regards

Matteo

--- Mike Groetz <mpg444_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello-
> Happy rainy, muggy Sunday afternoon from here in
> Ohio. I think the grass has been greener here than I
> have ever seen in August.
> Could anyone please tell me a little of the
> Thailand Mekong River meteorites showing up on Ebay?
> Has anyone purchased one, had one authenticated or
> know anything about them?
> They are tempting- but after being tumbled in a
> river for years I have to wonder what they really
> are.
> Thank You. Have a nice afternoon.
> Mike Groetz

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com