[meteorite-list] Rusting S-As

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:11 2004

Hi,=0D
Just an observation regarding the rustiness of Sikhote-Alins.=0D
I have 3 beauties and despite the fact that I live about 100 m from the s=
ea
and God only knows it's always damp and wet here in Portslade, they have =
not
deteriorated at all since I got them a couple of years ago.=0D
They reside, unprotected, in my mineral cabinet and, as far as I know, ha=
ve
not been treated in anyway except being lovingly fondled. Two of them ar=
e=20
original' ex- Russian Academy of Science specimens and they have a natura=
patina - maybe not as nice as some I seen (like Martin's chocolate beauty=
)
but still are splendidly tactile!=0D
=0D
Anyway, just my =A30.02 worth=0D