[meteorite-list] 3 and a half more days

From: walter branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:11 2004

Steve,

This is not funny now, nor was it ever. This is the silliest thing
I have seen on this list in years. Please, no more responses.
Yes, I do know where the delete key is.

Folks, just because the word "meteorite" appears somewhere in either the
subject line or text, does not make it automatically appropriate for
worldwide transmission on a list which is supposed to be about meteorites.
What's next? How about meteorites and monkeys? Or maybe
meteorites and turnips? Or maybe just turnips and we can dispense
with meteorites alltogether.

Art has already written about excessive bandwith usage clogging the
system and now we might look forward to even more such posts?

Since this stupid "contest" (a lame euphemism for disguised adolescent
urges) began the subjects brought up to the list have included a possible
pallasite meteorwrong, a possible new tektite type material, magnetism in
meteorites, impact melts, and possible nannobacteria in meteorites, among
others and sex and meteorites. Which one seemingly gets the most
discussion? Maybe not many of us feel this way but to me, this is sad.

Not too respectfully,

-Walter
www.branchmeteorites.com