[meteorite-list] Ensisheim as an IMB?

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:10 2004

Hi John,

Thanks for the explanation.

You asked the question if there can be impact melts without brecciation? I
suspect that Felt (b) is an example of this. Here is a photo of my slice:

http://aristotle.isu.edu/felt_b.jpg

The region at the bottom is clearly different material separated from the
chondrule-rich area above the line. But no brecciation is visible anywhere
on my piece. However, maybe the large regions are brecciation of some sort
on a much greater scale.

Is this what you were taking about?

Cheers,

Martin