[meteorite-list] Phil Morgan's vs "Steve "in Chicago

From: Marcia Swanson <MJSOfArc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:09 2004

Dear MR. Phil Morgan,
Surely you jest! No......actually you probaby don't, excuse me. You have
the right to personally find the contest " Questionable", but
not-so-kind Sir, I would propose a question?
If Steve's name was Mortimer Hyde Esq., would that make his already
notable and substantial contibution to the IMCA more palatable to you?
Or the authenticity of his Park Forrest meteorite finds, and the hard
work put in to the whole project, any the less important or real,
because he addresses himself as "Steve from Chicago"? That kind of Class
distinction is uncalled for and I find more offensive than a simple
contest, in which you will note, he did request that the participants
answer in a tasteful manner. It is in "Fun", MR. Phil Morgan ! The
comradeship, that these "Collectors"( Which is what the list is largely
composed of) share in the field and through this List, precludes the
neccesity to be pompous, yes I said POMPOUS, with each other, thus ...a
first name is acceptible and enough! His work, speaks for itself. I
would suggest, MR. Phil Morgan, that if it's more science oriented
articles you wish to read, you simply take your pick of the numerous
other informative and scientific entrees that the List offers in
abundance. That's what the delete button on your computer is for MR.
Phil Morgan. It is your option to skip over these "contest entree's", If
they offend you. Believe me! We won't miss your archaic condesention at
all. Somehow I can't see you being magnanomous enough to share ( key
word here-share!) any of your "Strewnfield Adventures" , or are you one
of those people who simply believes that just being able to purchase
them, can even put YOU in the same class, as the actual collectors that
go out and find these meteorites? Please MR. Phil Morgan, I would be
glad to publically apologize, if you would care to list your
contributions TO the list.. Until then, (and I'm sure you especially,
were taught better manners than that) I think an apology to Steve
might be in order. Just a polite suggestion Sir, if your'e not so
shallow that you can't, upon reflection, see your error of your ways of
thinkng. You know where to find me for rebutals MR. Phil Morgan. Though
I hope you'll do the right thing. Regretably Yours, Marcia Swanson