[meteorite-list] Re:Fireball Flash?

From: GeoZay_at_aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:08 2004

--part1_7c.38530c7f.2bd8578f_boundary

>>But until today I did not believe it. Is it
worth the look?<<

Probably not. Sounds like a terminal burst...fairly common when some
meteorites blows theirselves apart at the end of it's trajectory....still
high up and no where near the ground. If it blew up as it hit the ground,
then it's a very big object and simply look for the large crater...you
shouldn't be able to miss it.
George Zay

--part1_7c.38530c7f.2bd8578f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
&gt;&gt;But until today I did not believe it. Is it<BR>
worth the look?&lt;&lt;<BR>
<BR>
Probably not. Sounds like a terminal burst...fairly common when some meteori=
tes blows theirselves apart at the end of it's trajectory....still high up a=
nd no where near the ground. If it blew up as it hit the ground, then it's a=
 very big object and simply look for the large crater...you shouldn't be abl=
e to miss it. <BR>
George Zay</FONT></HTML>

--part1_7c.38530c7f.2bd8578f_boundary--