[meteorite-list] unique stuff?

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:10 2004

--part1_123.20da7de7.2bd5c5a0_boundary

> I have been collecting and dealing with minerals some 15 years, and during
> this time I have sold and bought items for many different reasons, for the
> beauty of them, for the rarity of them and also because of the story behind
> the item. I have overpaid for items with stories and sold items under
> market-price, if I have noticed, the item have had some "higher" values for
> the customer.
>
> Meteorites themselves tell a long, long story, and some times they make
> human feel quite small, this is just one aspect, and the "back-story" to
> me, there are also many "smaller" stories, and in fact I collect also
> them. The ancient stories like Nantan with the dragons and so on are
> pictures of their time, and so are Peekskill or PF now. Also we have to
> remember, these things are "once a lifetime" cases, and so they have huge
> immaterial values to keep and tell to the next generations

So eloquently put, Pekka, and I now realize that there really is no
disagreement here. Perhaps it was a translation problem, but I perceived
that....

> >> Well, somebody want to buy meteorites, somebody want to buy stories...;-

....was a suggestion that "stories" don't matter at all, as far as a
meteorite's value. I think they matter as much or little as each individual
collector decides for him-or-herself. And how wonderful that these little
spacerocks can appeal to so many people for so many different reasons!

    Gregory

--part1_123.20da7de7.2bd5c5a0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
 <BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I have been collecting and deal=
ing with minerals some 15 years, and during this time I have sold and bought=
 items&nbsp; for many different reasons, for the beauty of them, for the rar=
ity of them and also because of the story behind the item. I have overpaid f=
or items with stories and sold items under market-price, if I have noticed,=20=
the item have had some "higher" values for the customer.<BR>
<BR>
Meteorites themselves tell a long, long story, and some times they make huma=
n feel quite small, this is just one aspect, and the "back-story" to me, the=
re are also many&nbsp; "smaller" stories, and in fact I collect also them. T=
he ancient stories like Nantan with the dragons and so on are pictures of th=
eir time, and so are Peekskill or PF now. Also we have to remember, these th=
ings are "once a lifetime" cases, and so they have huge immaterial values to=
 keep and tell to the next generations</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
So eloquently put, Pekka, and I now realize that there really is no disagree=
ment here.&nbsp; Perhaps it was a translation problem, but I perceived that.=
...<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Well, somebody want to buy mete=
orites, somebody want to buy stories...;-</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
....was a suggestion that "stories" don't matter at all, as far as a meteori=
te's value.&nbsp; I think they matter as much or little as each individual c=
ollector decides for him-or-herself.&nbsp;&nbsp; And how wonderful that thes=
e little spacerocks can appeal to so many people for so many different reaso=
ns!<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_123.20da7de7.2bd5c5a0_boundary--