[meteorite-list] Park Forest - Round Two - Mike and Adam and the rest!

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:05 2004

Mal, you hit the nail on the head. I am far from rich,
I have put every penny I have into my meteorite
collection. If this were about the money, I would sell
my collection and move to Hawaii. I am offended that
you said that Mark. This was about money to Michael
Casper and is to Dean Bessey. Both have no meteorite
collection. If you have no collection but buy and
sell, then it is ONLY about the money. I make money
from meteorite in order to muy more meteorites. I love
the adventure that comes from traveling to far off
places to get them. I could just as easily buy them
through the mail but going to places like Park Forest
or Lesotho allows me to see the people and places
first hand. Every time I look at a piece of Bilanga I
see Bilanga-Yanga village in my mind, the Baobab
trees, the baby dying of some horrible disease, the
smiling people selling me meteorites, the good and the
bad, all are parts of my meteorite adventures.
Money makes the world go round and allows me to do
what I love. Without sales of meteorites, I, Like
Harvey Nininger, would NEVER be able to do what I
love, hunting meteorites, no matter where they might
fall.
So we do a little bickering, it isn't the end of the
world. And there is no business or collectors group on
this planet that does any different than we do.

Mike Farmer
Meteoritehunter

=== message truncated ===