[meteorite-list] Good bye List

From: Thetoprok_at_aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:03 2004

--part1_a6.361bd4a6.2bc113ea_boundary

    Tom,
  I'm gonna leave all the eloquent, poetic words of wisdom to the better
educated names that grace this list, and say "MAN, COME TO YOUR SENSES"! Up
until this fall, I probably had the most meager collection of anyone on this
list. I'm not affraid to tell you or anyone here that I am a regular 'Joe',
and have had my share of tough times, and sometimes I look at the meteorites
on the dealer sites and it almost KILLS me to know that I can't buy this
stuff! The most I ever spent on a meteorite is $86.00 for an ugly old Gao,
whoppee #%_at_&!
   I hunt for mine when I get the chance, and as you well know, if you expect
to procure a respectable collection, hunting is not the way to go! So I
continue to fight the good fight, stay optimistic, buy when I can, and keep
lurking!
 I joined this list a very short time ago. It turns out that it was right on
time for me. If I hadn't joined this list when I did I may not have heard
about PF until the next edition of "Meteorite" magazine! Then where would I
be? Not sittin' on 638 grams! (thanks Steve!)
  Come on Tom, no matter how depressing it can be to look in on the action
that seems to be passing you by, you shouldn't deny yourself what is
obviously important to you, and you shouldn't deny us your company and
valuable input.
Reconsider,
Larry Atkins

--part1_a6.361bd4a6.2bc113ea_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tom,<BR>
&nbsp; I'm gonna leave all the eloquent, poetic words of wisdom to the bette=
r educated names that grace this list, and say "MAN, COME TO YOUR SENSES"! U=
p until this fall, I probably had the most meager collection of anyone on th=
is list. I'm not affraid to tell you or anyone here that I am a regular 'Joe=
', and have had my share of tough times, and&nbsp; sometimes I look at the m=
eteorites on the dealer sites and it almost KILLS me to know that I can't bu=
y this stuff! The most I ever spent on a meteorite is $86.00 for an ugly old=
 Gao, whoppee #%_at_&amp;!<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; I hunt for mine when I get the chance, and as you well know, if=
 you expect to procure a respectable collection, hunting is not the way to g=
o! So I continue to fight the good fight, stay optimistic, buy when I can, a=
nd keep lurking!<BR>
 I joined this list a very short time ago. It turns out that it was right on=
 time for me. If I hadn't joined this list when I did I may not have heard a=
bout PF until the next edition of "Meteorite" magazine! Then where would I b=
e? Not sittin' on 638 grams! (thanks Steve!)<BR>
&nbsp; Come on Tom, no matter how depressing it can be to look in on the act=
ion that seems to be passing you by, you shouldn't deny yourself what is obv=
iously important to you, and you shouldn't deny us your company and valuable=
 input.<BR>
Reconsider,<BR>
Larry Atkins</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a6.361bd4a6.2bc113ea_boundary--