[meteorite-list] Portales Valley and Park Forest

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:02 2004

--part1_20.e30b397.2bbdfde5_boundary

> if someone ruin the
> prices of market like already was done with the
> lunars, martian and varied historical meteorites, make
> losing money to who had invested grosses adds

Matteo - did a PERSON "ruin the prices".....or did increased supply lower
the prices? When DaG 262 first came onto the market, the going rate was
$25,000-30,000/gram, and most serious collectors quickly and gladly paid it,
for actual lunar material. (I know from personal experience. ;-) Today
one can get lunar material for 10% of that, with a little effort. Was that
because dealers or some shadowy forces somehow manipulated the prices down,
or was it because there was a sudden explosion of lunar material coming out
of the deserts?

If the world's gold supply somehow became ten times greater, don't you think
the price of gold would go down? It's the same material - gold is gold -
according to you, the price shouldn't change, right?

Gasoline is gasoline, the price should never change, right? (OK, that's a
loaded question these days, but you get the point).

       Gregory

--part1_20.e30b397.2bbdfde5_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> <BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">if someone ruin the<BR>
prices of market like already was done with the<BR>
lunars, martian and varied historical meteorites, make<BR>
losing money to who had invested grosses adds</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Matteo&nbsp; -&nbsp; did a PERSON "ruin the prices".....or did increased <I>=
supply</I> lower the prices?&nbsp;&nbsp; When DaG 262 first came onto the ma=
rket, the going rate was $25,000-30,000/gram, and most serious collectors qu=
ickly and gladly paid it, for actual lunar material.&nbsp; (I know from pers=
onal experience. ;-)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Today one can get lunar material for=20=
10% of that, with a little effort.&nbsp;&nbsp; Was that because dealers or s=
ome shadowy forces somehow manipulated the prices down, or was it because th=
ere was a sudden explosion of lunar material coming out of the deserts?&nbsp=
;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
If the world's gold supply somehow became ten times greater, don't you think=
 the price of gold would go down?&nbsp; It's the same material - gold is gol=
d - according to you, the price shouldn't change, right?&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Gasoline is gasoline, the price should never change, right?&nbsp; (OK, that'=
s a loaded question <I>these </I>days, but you get the point).<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_20.e30b397.2bbdfde5_boundary--