[meteorite-list] Tektite looking objects found in Park Forest

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:01 2004

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C2F929.F0F8AE80

Dear List Members,

You are going to think we are insane announcing this but we feel it is =
important. We acquired a computer game still in the box that was struck =
by a meteorite inside a house on Dunham street in the Park Forest =
neighborhood. This is from the same site that Mike Farmer purchased the =
House Hammering stone. This game box acted as a receptacle trapping =
some fragments from the meteorite, wood from the attic and sheet rock =
from the ceiling. While examining the contents of the game box under a =
microscope we were shocked to see the following objects:

Dumbbell shaped glassy forms
Teardrop shaped glassy forms
Rod shaped glassy forms
Patty shaped glassy forms with sunken centers
Ball shaped glassy forms

Dumbbell
http://www.lunarrock.com/ParkForest/microtektites1.jpg

Dumbbell and Teardrop
http://www.lunarrock.com/ParkForest/microtektites2.jpg

Mixture of several types
 http://www.lunarrock.com/ParkForest/microtektites3.jpg

These are all the same shapes you will find in Tektites, yet these =
cannot be called impactites since the meteorite did not melt any objects =
when it crashed through the roof. This is no joke so you collectors in =
the field may want to revisit the houses that were struck by meteorites =
and collect the debris left behind before it is too late. We do not =
know the scientific importance of this discovery but will find out soon =
since the University of Washington is interested in pursuing these =
strange objects. It has been suggested that these objects may have come =
from the ablation train left behind by this fall. It is our hope that =
more of this material is collected before it is too late.

All the Best

Adam Hupe

 =20

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C2F929.F0F8AE80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear List Members,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You are going to think we are insane =
announcing=20
this but we feel it is important.&nbsp; We acquired a computer game =
still in the=20
box that was struck by a meteorite inside a house on Dunham street in =
the Park=20
Forest neighborhood.&nbsp; This is from the same site that Mike Farmer =
purchased=20
the House Hammering stone.&nbsp; This game box acted as a receptacle =
trapping=20
some fragments from the meteorite, wood from the attic and sheet rock =
from the=20
ceiling.&nbsp; While examining the contents of the game box under a =
microscope=20
we were shocked to see the following objects:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dumbbell shaped glassy =
forms</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Teardrop shaped glassy =
forms</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rod shaped glassy forms</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Patty shaped glassy forms with sunken=20
centers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ball shaped glassy forms</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dumbbell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.lunarrock.com/ParkForest/microtektites1.jpg">http://ww=
w.lunarrock.com/ParkForest/microtektites1.jpg</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dumbbell and Teardrop</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.lunarrock.com/ParkForest/microtektites2.jpg">http://ww=
w.lunarrock.com/ParkForest/microtektites2.jpg</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mixture of several types</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.lunarrock.com/ParkForest/microtektites3.jpg">http://ww=
w.lunarrock.com/ParkForest/microtektites3.jpg</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>These are all the same shapes&nbsp;you =
will find in=20
Tektites, yet&nbsp;these cannot be called impactites since&nbsp;the =
meteorite=20
did not melt any objects when it crashed through the roof.&nbsp; This is =
no joke=20
so you collectors in the field&nbsp;may&nbsp;want to revisit the houses =
that=20
were struck by meteorites and collect the debris left behind before it =
is too=20
late.&nbsp; We do not know the scientific importance of this discovery =
but will=20
find out soon since the University of Washington is interested in =
pursuing these=20
strange objects.&nbsp; It has been suggested that these objects may=20
have&nbsp;come from the ablation train left behind by this fall.&nbsp; =
It is our=20
hope that more of this material is collected before it is too =
late.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All the Best</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Adam Hupe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C2F929.F0F8AE80--