(wrong string)  ....METEORITES OR JUST GLASS ???? Discuss..........

From: thornysahuaro <thornysahuaro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:31 2004

Greetings all,
Would any of you please explain the differences between Tektites and
Apache Tears. Apache Tears are rounded bits of smokey grey obsidian
(volcanic glass) found all over the Southwest US. They have a dull black
surface and often have perfect regmaglypts when found. To me this would
indicate that they were ejected quite high before they fell. When
polished they range from nearly opaque black to a nearly clear light gray
color. Some have lines or swirls of darker glass that can be seen if held
up to a light.
Thanks,
Art Brasher