[meteorite-list] Ni-free

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:29 2004

Hello everybody,

In this case Ni-Free metal means 6/100th of one percent or .06%. In other
words trace amounts. This was such an odd result that we measured it
several times and confirmed it. We also confirmed that we were analyzing the
actual metal and not some other mineral. The nickel in the metal of NWA 1109
just makes a small peak (about 3.2%) on the spectrograph and would be
considered kamacite.

I hope this helps,

Adam