[meteorite-list] Tektite QUESTION

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:28 2004

Hi, Michael, List,

    The figure given for the age of the Australasian field has been
estimated at 770,000 to 780,000 years for the past 30 or 40 years; however,
somewhere on a posting on CCNET which I can no longer find (&%$!), attempts
to refine the precision of those isotopic ages came up with a figure about
10% to 12% older, more like 850,000 to 900,000 years, which made sense as
there have always been a few australites with anomalous ages (about 10%
older). Maybe we should just call it somewhere short of a million...

Sterling K. Webb