[meteorite-list] Chondrule craters

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:24 2004

Hello Bernd,

I was recently looking for the same (chondrule craters), and the chondrules
that look kinda like fans, showing how they were melted and resolidified. I
have a little over 50 meteoritic thin sections, the latest being a NWA047
Eucrite I got from the Comet Auction tonight (a low $35.00).

I would agree with your statement, Bernd. While I have not had the chance
to examine all my thins really well yet, I was using a bioscope before,
which was somewhat a hassle and got hot fast, and just recently purchased a
ACCU 3000 microscope. I have not found any chondrule craters, or at least
none that show really round chondrules, with really round indentions.
Chondrules in chondrules seem to be more common and ones that show evidence
of melting the most common but I am unsure of the later as weathering is
probley playing a factor. I will put looking at the chondrules on my things
to do list for when I get home.

Mark