[meteorite-list] Help A Brother Out - Terminated & Help Please

From: Mark Morawski <mmorawski_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:23 2004

Ok, I have been following this list for a little over a month now. Learning
a little here and there; but unfortunately alot of the traffic is associated
with petty squabbling. Tonight a line has been crossed in my mind.

I am new to the hobby, and as such I read and ask questions, several people
on this list have taken time to share there experiences and knowledge, and
have gone the extra mile, and have clearly demonstrated that they are
passionate about the hobby, not merely seeking a sale. I have never met
Rob, nor talked to him, our correspondence has been electronic. But he is
one of those people with a true passion for the hobby.

His liquidation of what was truly a spectacular private collection, afforded
myself, not only the opportunity to buy rare pieces (I have bought ONE to
date) but afforded an excellent opportunity to do the most important thing,
which is to LEARN.
This was truly different than Steve Arnold's continuous seeking of
attention, no matter in how poor of tastes.

Steve - I suggest a flea market stall at Kane county flea market next to the
guy selling Velvet Elvis paintings. I hope the list moderator sees that you
have crossed the line again, and finally takes appropriate action, because I
for one am about to leave the list.

Mark - I don't know why you are so bitter, to flame a guy who has posted
only once to the list in the month I have been watching. I am sure you have
your reasons, but a simple filter it out would have likely been more
appropriate.

I will be watching how the list responds in the next several days but I
always notice a line of people exiting after Steve Arnold antics, and this
time I may be one.

-Mark Morawski-