[meteorite-list] HELP PLEASE!!!

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:23 2004

NOW I am beginning to see a trend here....MAYBE I should get in on it before
all the EASY money is gone! ONE of our 2 Mastiffs is ill and I just had to
cough up over $400.00 to pay to get him well. He is a treasured member of
our family as well as providing very significant security for our home and
guards my small but important meteorite collection. It would be nice if
everyone would log on to Ebay and help us out by buying one of the fine
collectibles we have for sale. TREATING a 188 pound Mastiff is expensive!

REALLY now is this going to be happening on a regular basis? Steve my
sympathies for your loss but it somehow does not seem right that on the
heels of one tragedy sparked sale we now have another....Where will it end?

Can't this stay a list for discussion? Why does someones failure to plan for
the future constitute a need for the members of this list to suddenly drop
everything and buy something.

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss but REALLY do not want to constantly
see SALES of collections due to someones tragedies....PRETTY soon it will be
a car with a blown engine, or a life saving organ transplant...with little
or no way to substantiate whether the tragedy is genuine, not that any list
member would do that.

Just my heartless 2 cents....

Mark M.