[meteorite-list] Contest mystery main mass

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:22 2004

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C255AB.20D69EA0

Dear list members,

We must apologize for the posting about the mystery main mass that we =
will be displaying at the Denver show. We have received over 20 emails =
from list members trying to guess what it is. We had no idea that many =
people read our postings to the list. Only two list members were =
informed of its classification and they are sworn to secrecy. =20

The first person who has not been informed who can guess what it is =
before we leave for Denver by tomorrow at 12:00 noon will be provided =
with a small sample for their collection free of charge. This will make =
the winner the second private individual in the world to have this =
classification represented in their collection. The winner will have to =
wait until it is announced at the Denver show to see if they won. We =
will make a formal post to the list when we return from Denver as to its =
classification and a winner if there is one.

Some clues that might help:

Until now there is none of this material in any private collection.

Its classification is so obscure you will have to check the Antarctic =
collection for another one.

It is a formal classification that is known mainly by scientists.

The first we were aware of this classification is when we received the =
lab results. It is not a made up classification but a real one that has =
been in effect for a while.

Some guesses already received that are not correct are a lodranite and a =
CB

Remember the deadline is Saturday September 7th 12:00 noon PST. Good =
luck and we hope somebody wins!

All the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185 =20

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C255AB.20D69EA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear list members,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We must apologize for the posting about =
the mystery=20
main mass that we will be displaying at the Denver show.&nbsp; We have =
received=20
over 20 emails from list members trying to guess what it is.&nbsp; We =
had no=20
idea that many people read our postings to the list. </FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Only two list members were informed of its classification and =
they are=20
sworn to secrecy.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The first person who has not been =
informed who can=20
guess what it is before we leave for Denver by tomorrow at 12:00 =
noon&nbsp;will=20
be provided&nbsp;with a small sample for their collection free of =
charge.&nbsp;=20
This will make the winner the second private individual in the world to =
have=20
this classification represented in their collection.&nbsp; The winner =
will have=20
to wait until it is announced at the Denver show to see if they =
won.&nbsp; We=20
will make a formal post to the list when we return from Denver as to its =

classification and a winner if there is one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Some clues that might =
help:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Until now there is none of this =
material in any=20
private collection.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Its classification is so obscure you =
will have to=20
check the Antarctic collection for another one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It is a formal classification that is =
known mainly=20
by scientists.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The first we were aware of this =
classification is=20
when we received the lab results.&nbsp; It is not a made up =
classification but a=20
real one that has been in effect for a while.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Some guesses already received that are =
not correct=20
are a lodranite and a CB</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Remember the deadline is Saturday =
September=20
7th&nbsp;12:00 noon PST.&nbsp; Good luck and we hope somebody =
wins!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All the best,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Adam and Greg Hupe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Hupe Collection</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>IMCA 2185&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C255AB.20D69EA0--