[meteorite-list] 1937 Newspaper Article, Describing Two Canadian Meteorites?

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:21 2004

Sept. 5, 2002

Greetings Mr. Mark Bostick, Bernd, and Fellow
Meteorite Enthusiasts!

I too would like to thank Mark for his arduous efforts
in gleaning those meteoritic newspaper articles! A
cross between a chore and a some entertaining
detective work, I am sure!

Nevertheless, I am a bit puzzled by the article. Were
there two individuals collected from the fall or is
the author(s) referring to a different meteorite when
they stated:

"A second meteorite recently received by the
Smithsonian institution is the only one of its kind
known to exist. It consists of the mineral known
as Chiadnite, in a form different from that recorded
for any previously known meteorite."

Long strewn fields!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA