[meteorite-list] Re: Credit where credit is due...Concerning Brad Sampson

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:04 2004

Hi Steven,

Obviously, dealing with Brad is something of a crapshoot. There are any
number of
bad sellers, just as there are bad buyers, on eBay who are very
laikadaisical, even
dishonest, in their dealings with each other; it's a damned shame that
they are that way,
but eBay has millions of people participating as both buyers and
sellers, so obviously
it's going to reflect the complete spectrum of society with all of its
virtues and warts.
As you know, the great majority of eBay'ers try hard to be honest and
fair in their
dealings with each other, otherwise the whole shebang would collapse.

I will probably never deal with Brad again; it was an oversight on my
part the first
time. I feel lucky not to have been one of his victims, as was Matteo,
Mark, yourself,
and others.

I was in no way trying to recommend him nor apologize for him in my
earlier post,
I had merely wanted to fulfill my earlier statement that I would report
on my current
[at that time] transaction with him.

I'm just thankful that the dealers from the Meteorite Central list with
whom I have
dealt are honest, punctual, and communicate well; it's a pleasure to do
business with
them. There are some good, fun, interesting, and very knowledgeable
people on here.
I appreciate being allowed to be a part of the list.

Wishing all of you big ones (meteorites- I mean),

Jerry